Power Slam Column Clarification--it's not a shot at a departed PSer

THE Stately

I've heard some people have interpreted the final sentence in my latest Power Slam column to be a shot at a departed PS staffer. Let the record show that, not only is that NOT the case, but it was so removed from my mind, I didn't even realize the bit might be taken that way until the editor brought it to my attention.

The _correct_ interpretation is that it is meant to be one of those Heenanesque set-up/punchlines along the lines of "The man's like a brother to me, a saint. I would NEVER sell a dear dear friend down the river for $500. For _a grand_, sure, but never for a measly $500."

In addition, I: had sketched out the outline of said column before I even learned of the departure; doubt many readers care about "magazine politics" to begin with; and, have never once communicated with the man, i.e. I have absolutely no reason on Earth to want to take a swipe at the guy. In fact, one of the main reasons I'm posting is because I don't have his e-mail address to clarify this directly, but am under the impression he regularly monitors TWO.

Finally, anyone familiar with my material should know that when I set out to bury someone, I'm w-a-y more of a ballbreaker! Sure, there's the occasional cryptic reference on page 11. But when someone's on my sh*t list, the burial is hardly subtle. ;-]

For the record, he did sign up at one point to TWO, and disappeared many moons ago. Whether he still monitors here or not,I wouldn't know, but I'm sure he knows Adam in some way and would follow the UK Scene reports at W101.

And FTW, no one cares that you don't care, so y'know...

And FTW' date=' no one cares that you don't care, so y'know...[/quote']

This guy is constantly plugging his column here. If he has something to say, put it in there. No one cares enough for it to be here is what im saying.

This guy is constantly plugging his column here. If he has something to say' date=' put it in there. No one cares enough for it to be here is what im saying.[/quote']

Besides the fact I only discovered this site very recently, "constantly" is a gross exaggeration, and I'm under the impression many other posters DO have an interest in Power Slam, I put said message here precisely because it's more relevant as a posting than as column material. You are certainly entitled to not care for my column or anything else for that matter; but that doesn't mean everyone ELSE here is in the same boat. In fact, I'm pleasantly surprised at the percentage of pro-SWM feedback I've gotten at TWO.

• Like 1

FTW the guy has been here 2 months and done 17 posts a new member like slverG has been here 3 days and done more than that plus 90 percent of people are interested in PS because it is the best independent wrestling mag around

Power Slam is the ONLY magazine I buy (except old 1980's WWF Magazines). Its simply awesome and I have been a subscriber on and off for years, and when I dont subcribe, I pick it up in WHSmiths. I send several issues overseas to my friends in NYC USA as they cant get it there anymore, and they love it too. The British humour along with non kayfabe articles makes it awesome, even if some of the anti-Hulk Hogan comments are sometimes un-needed (c'mon guys, you may have fun taking the piss out of the man, but if it wasnt for him, you wouldnt have a magazine to write in!).

Great mag for sure, until PWI which is completely dire.

Can I solve something.

FTW I don't know who you are and I don't really care but you have been here only nearly 2 months and you are getting on people's nerves and on mine! So do yourself a favour and wise up or your second choice is.... take your bong (you should know what that since of your name being FTW) and shove it right up your you know what!

I'm an avid reader of Powerslam. I find the articles extremely well written each month and take great enjoyment from most of the segments within the wrestling mag. 'Your' column SWM however I find really, really, really bad. It is simply not funny and terribly childish. I remember when you put down The Undertaker with one of your razor sharp witicisms, calling him 'The Underweartaker'. The list is endless. 'The Crock', 'Hardbore Holly' and so on. Don't you get a little embarrassed when putting pen to paper? I really think your column should be axed and maybe more space dedicated to informative pieces like 'Colour Commentary', 'Wrestling beyond the fringe' or the ever interesting Q & A segment. Hell, I'd actually prefer a whole page worth of advert to your repetitive, embarrassingly unfunny, childish, least entertaining attempt at a witty, wacky column I have ever read in my life. Your opinions are hackneyed and your jokes stale.

I had to get that off my chest. Of course it might come across as a little rude but I don't think thats really him, just some kid taking the mick. If it is actually you SWM then I'm sorry, but I stand by my opinion.

I've said in the past that I do sometimes buy powerslam but today its just crap mostly, they will say everything is crap and point out how they could book things better, now I wouldn't suggest that there all bitter people who feel cheated that they don't run a federation, but...

Anyway, SWM's columns can be entertaining in the same sense that they can sometimes be very bad, nobodies perfect.

As for the guy promoting his work, well why not? If you don't like his posting then when you see a thread started by him don't click on it. Remember the forum leaders and mods decide what right and whats wrong, when your a poster then you post, not try and do their job, its simple but good logic.

Actually guys (jackbibby & rock3:16) just for clarification ive been here well over a year. :thumbsup

And my name has nothing to do with weed or cannot be in any way related to smoking a bong for 'rock3:16 xxx' knowledge.

It is simply not funny and terribly childish. I remember when you put down The Undertaker with one of your razor sharp witicisms, calling him 'The Underweartaker'. The list is endless. 'The Crock', 'Hardbore Holly' and so on. Don't you get a little embarrassed when putting pen to paper? I really think your column should be axed and maybe more space dedicated to informative pieces like 'Colour Commentary', 'Wrestling beyond the fringe' or the ever interesting Q & A segment. Hell, I'd actually prefer a whole page worth of advert to your repetitive, embarrassingly unfunny, childish, least entertaining attempt at a witty, wacky column I have ever read in my life. Your opinions are hackneyed and your jokes stale.

FYI, "The Underweartaker" is what the WWE WRESTLERS nicknamed Mark; ever cross your mind that not all the Colour Commentators are written by the editor (hint hint); and I'd like to thank you for reminding me how stale my jokes are. Oddly enough, several of them were used by a minor promotion which had a little show a few weekends ago. You may have heard about it: it was called Wrestlemania XX. But, hell, if you say my material is all crap, I'd have to side with your taste over that of the neophytes running the WWE. I will also promptly instruct the editor to remove the secret chemical formula he sprays on each PS page, forcing unsuspecting fans to read page eleven...and then come back and do it again the following month.