Go away Ric Flair

muhammadali88

For to long now have I had to watch a disgusting out of shape Flair, continue wrestling. How old is he now? 50? 60? 70!? Can't he continue being on Raw with some other job title? Steve Austin is retired, but still found a way to continue participating in the action. Am I the only one who feels Flair should just let it go? Maybe he could be an executive, or maybe just a manager.Either way I hope he puts a shirt on.
  • Like 1

Although Flair is way past his prime and probably should hang up his tights, the sad thing is he is putting on better matches than half the RAW roster. As long as Flair feels comfortable wrestling then I say let him carry on. He really is doing a good job outside the ring and inside the ring, he isn't embarrasing himself so I say carry on Ric.

Haha' date=' you got your legs battered by a phoney pro wrestler, Mu.[/quote']

What?

Ok Flair isnt the best wrestler on the Raw roster, but he is still an integral part of Evolution. Slick Ric can still put on very good matches when the time calls for it, and is doing fine in a tandem with Batista. Also Ric always sounds electric and can always get a crowd to scream Woooooooo!!! Yes he is old, but at the moment it doesnt matter too much. Keep him on Raw, but maybe he should keep his shirt on :lol

Oh come on, Ric can only just do a passable match! He can bump ok but thats it, why else does his every match involve the same 2 spots? He had his time but should leave the active wrestling to special occasions when we will apriciate it properly.

Perhaps you'd all rather have more A-Train instead.

Sorry but Flair can still entertain even though he shouldn't be wrestling as often as he is at the moment. Chances are it's just the saggy breasts you don't like.

And more importantly, I don't know if anyone else noticed the difference between Foley, Flair and Orton all being on the mic on Raw this week. Flair (along with Foley) just have that ability to make you really pay attention to what they're saying... and that's one reason to keep Flair around even if he isn't wrestling. Without him I doubt you'd even hear the tiny murmur that is Randy Orton's reaction from the fans these days.

Flair is an entertainer plain and simple. He is no longer a wrestler however. By continuing to wrestle he is only making himself look like a fool, and destroying his once credible legacy. He is well past his prime and should know it, but he obviously doesnt know when to quit. (Like forcing his unwanted desires on a poor flight attendant.)

I can however see him as the manager for evolution.

And SIMON we most definatley do not want to see more of a train.

Anybody who wrestles will hope that they get to Flair's age and still have the audience paying attention to him.

Ric Flair is a Wrestling great, I used to hate him when he joined WWE, back in the days of the british Bulldodg, macho king randy savage, the undertaker version 1.0... *sighs at fond memories*

But his ability to make people hate him was second to non, he is the heel's answer to Hulk Hogan, who again has made himself a legend in the wrestling industry.

Just because he is getting on a bit now, and the skin is not as elastic as he used to be, doesn't mean he should quit, I mean, by your initial response to flair's looks, rikishi should go cos of his orange peel arse, Mick Foley and chris benoit are out cos they are missing teeth and the Rock should never wrestle again cos of that stoopid tattoo:)

Think about this, Flair is doing the world a favour by teaming up with the WWE's younger stars, he is showing, by example, how you make your presence felt. You can't teach ring psychology in a manager's suit.

Saracen

I don't want Flair to go away, just to cut down his ring work! The mans diluting the legend that he is by wrestling every week. Thats what I think.

So there! LOL.

Oh and FTW, the Ali comment was about the boxer. He agreed to a match Vs Antonio Inoki (I think), but at the last minute decided that he didnt want to decieve people and so it turned into a shoot fight. But becouse of the rules they used the only thing Inoki could do was crab around the ring kicking Alis legs. For 10 damned rounds!!!!!!!

Can't he continue being on Raw with some other job title? Steve Austin is retired' date=' but still found a way to continue participating in the action.[/quote']

Why? He's doing great as an active wrestler and still puts on good matches. Obviously nowhere near what he used to but he is a stable and much needed part of Evolution, and is working really well with Batista at the moment.

Just to clear things up. Steve Austin retired because he was injured, not by choice. He chose to retire due to the risks he carried if he took part as an active wrestler. If Austin could carry on wrestling without risking severe injury or crippleness, he certainly would.

ric flair is awesome a what he does he shouldnt quit because some people dont like his physique he is the second most influential wrestler ever to hulk hogan he can still take bumps and although he only does chops and the figure 4 he makes wrestling look good

Flair still has miliage left in him. He knows how to pop the crown, and he is still considered a big star, even if he doesnt look great in the ring anymore. He still has alot of fans who have followed him for some 30 years, and as long as they are paying money to see him, Vince will keep him in the ring and Ric will enjoy staying there.

I'm not a big fan of Flair, never really have been, but I cant deny his legendary status, and again, as long as he pops that crowd, he will stick around.

Hell, the "Flair Flop" was the most over thing on RAW! :lol

Why? He's doing great as an active wrestler and still puts on good matches. Obviously nowhere near what he used to but he is a stable and much needed part of Evolution, and is working really well with Batista at the moment.

Just to clear things up. Steve Austin retired because he was injured, not by choice. He chose to retire due to the risks he carried if he took part as an active wrestler. If Austin could carry on wrestling without risking severe injury or crippleness, he certainly would.

did I say anything about Austin wanting to retire? No I believe I didn't, just to clear things up

did I say anything about Austin wanting to retire? No I believe I didn't' date=' just to clear things up[/quote']

That's what retirement means. Ending your job because you feel necessary to do so. You should have stated that he was injured.

Anyway, he's not retired at the moment, he's still an active part of the WWE roster. He's one of the main draws on RAW. He's still with the company and appearing on TV, and may one day have a last match. Therefore, Stone Cold Steve Austin is not retired...

Well would you care to explain?

If this is about the actual Ali wrestling, im gonna be pissed.

No he was in some sort of shoot fight with Antonio Inoki, if I remeber right Inoki wasnt allowed to use any throws/suplexs, everything was thought fine soon as Ali got back to the states he needed some sort of sugeroy on his legs as they were in that bad a shape after his fight with Inoki

For to long now have I had to watch a disgusting out of shape Flair' date=' continue wrestling. How old is he now? 50? 60? 70!? Can't he continue being on Raw with some other job title? Steve Austin is retired, but still found a way to continue participating in the action. Am I the only one who feels Flair should just let it go? Maybe he could be an executive, or maybe just a manager.Either way I hope he puts a shirt on.[/quote']

Flair stay - You Go

Factually-speaking' date=' Austin himself announced last year that he was finished in-ring-wise. Hence, he's retired. If he wasn't, he would've worked at WM, for the huge pay-off he surely would've got. But he didn't, because he's retired.[/quote'] that is absolutely correct
Edited by muhammadali88