Angry Man in the Hat

Simon

Now I know I should perhaps know better, or maybe I shouldn't, I don't know, but I was watching 3PW the other night (didn't watch it all, but it seemed ok I suppose) and I noticed who was sitting in the centre of the front row at the event.

It was the angry man in the hat.

Now I've got your standard issue ECW DVD's, and he seems to be in the same position in the crowd in almost every match, and is always very angry, getting up off his seat and shouting. Particularly at Shane Douglas. But who the hell is that guy? Anyone any idea? And why is he so angry? Does anyone even know who I mean?

I don't know his real name but he is nicknamed at the ECW Arena as "The Hat Guy" - he used to help out setting up chairs and merchandise stands whenever ECW held an event at the Viking Hall.

Cactus Jack - does the gentleman wear an tie dye shirt? - if so, he's the "Tie Dye Shirt Guy" - he turns out wherever WWE is in New York, New Jersey and Florida.

I watched 3PW the other night and thought he was very funny indeed.

One of them is an old guy and when they had the "we want blood" tag team match, he was going crazy when that poor doofus had stuff stapled to his face. Legend.

I also remember the tag teams invited everyone to throw their chairs into the ring but the old guy didn't throw his in, because he's old I guess and needs a sit-down, and then some other guy was trying to take his chair and he went crazy again. He really is a class act!

Cheers!

I don't know his real name but he is nicknamed at the ECW Arena as "The Hat Guy" - he used to help out setting up chairs and merchandise stands whenever ECW held an event at the Viking Hall.

Cactus Jack - does the gentleman wear an tie dye shirt? - if so, he's the "Tie Dye Shirt Guy" - he turns out wherever WWE is in New York, New Jersey and Florida.

Yep, that must be him :xyx

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen him - I noticed him the other night whilst watching 3PW, and recognised him from some of my old ECW dvds.

I also remember the tag teams invited everyone to throw their chairs into the ring

would love to see that match - who was in it? it's always used in the promo stuff for 3PW, and I'd love to see it.

The match I was talking about, with Angry Old Guy in the background, definitely wasn't a Cactus Jack match, but a tag-team match. I really cannot remember the names of the wrestlers, only that it definitely wasn't Cactus Jack.

One of the tag-teams were proper hardcore, fat and ugly, and didn't mind stapling things to people's faces. It was great.

I'm sure it's repeated frequently on The Wrestling Channel so you've just got to get lucky, I suppose.

Cheers!

WWF had their own guy' date=' he wore a sleeveless top, slightly toned, short hair, and had glasses like Deidrie (sp?). I think HBK acknoledged him in the crowd at Survivor Series 1996.[/quote']

His name is Vladmir. He usually goes to the shows with his friend, a little fat guy whi black hair. Vladmir always more vests, had a tan, like he was Greek or something, short, mousy colour afro type hair etc...muscular, but very thin. He was at WMVII and WMVIII, plus a whole other bunch of WWF/WWE events. Havent seen him for a few years now though.