Tottenham Manager?

NJC

Hi All

I am a Tottenham fan, have been since I was a tacker, and am getting a bit concerned about the manager saga at the moment to be honest.

Apparently Trappatoni was a definite to take over in the summer, but now he has signed a contract extension with Italy the whole saga is completely open again. Whatever Arsenal fans might say, it is still a massive job- and the names that have been linked show that, but just who is it gonna be?

Antic (who incidentally has just left Celta Vigo), Curbishley, Hitzfeld?

Personally the two who I want are Ranieri or of course O'Neill, but as I said I'm a bit nervous now that after all this wait it's gonna be a rush job which will get us nowhere. Surely the point of waiting so long is to get the right man?

But who is he?! :?

I wouldn't be to dissapointed to not get Trappatoni unless you enjoy the most negative football in the world, It would probaly be to big a step down for Hitzfield, Antic stuggled the couple of months he was in charge at Celta leaving them in a far worse situation than when he took the job and I can't really see O'Neil leaving Celtic just yet. Curbishly or Jose Morinho would be best suited to the job, young forward thinking manger to take the club forward.

Who ever gets the job will probaly need a few years to get towards Europe, they have a great base of young players (Keane, Defoe, King) and the club can generate money better than the likes of Birmingham or Southampton but they are no where near breaking into the top 5 yet.

As for David Pleat, now 99% of "caretaker" managers just take over first team affairs, add their own training methods or maybe bring thru a few kids, they don't usally spend millions and sell players, you can sort of see now why Hoddle had heat with Pleat's interferance in first team affairs.

No offence to Spurs fans but for Martin O'Neill to leave that current Celtic team to take over at Tottenham would be a big stepdown. As a Rangers fan I'd love to see it happen but I seriously doubt it.

The fact that he's a lifelong Tottenham fan might help us though...

As for Antic- I don't want him, but his friendship with Pleat does tend to point to him.

I've swung in favour of Porto's Mourhino, he seems very passionate, attacking (which he has to be for Spurs) and cocky- always good. So yeah, bring him on. (Unless of course Mr. O'Neill wants it...which in that case, I myself will roll out the red carpet for him.)

I've swung in favour of Porto's Mourhino' date=' he seems very passionate, attacking (which he has to be for Spurs) and cocky- always good. So yeah, bring him on. (Unless of course Mr. O'Neill wants it...which in that case, I myself will roll out the red carpet for him.)[/quote']

Sounds like a Portuguese Keegan, to be honest.

Here's one out of left field for all you Spurs fans - Steve Perryman. He's won a ****load of trophies in Japan and is out of a (managerial) job at the moment. He's also, obviously, ex-Spurs. Along the same lines, what about Ossie Ardiles?