Booker T's Future?

Alan

I have enjoyed watching this guy from his days back in Harlem Heat in WCW, and became a firm follower of his when he went on to singles success there as well. His future looked promising when WWF/E purchased WCW (and his contract) and i was hoping for great things from the "Booker-man". However after the atrocity that was the Invasion angle things looked bleak for him, which led me to believe he would remain either in mid-card status or be off out the door. Thankfully last year he was given a title shot at mania, and even thought it was against HHH, there was just a glimmer of hope that he would become a main stay in the WWE top bracket. Well as we all know that hope was lost and Booker has remained pottering about on Raw not doing much ever since.

Alas there is new hope, as we found out last week he has been traded/drafted to Smackdown and was straight away put in a title match. Ok Bradshaw was put over at the end, but surely main event status is on the way for the 5-time champ? He has the talent on both the mic and in the ring and hopefully he can be used effectively on SD. What do you guys think?

I hope that the Book will be used better on Smackdown than he was on Raw, where I hear that apparently HHH didn't rate him much, which is why he was kept down. He is talented, athletic, and gets so much crowd reaction that it's criminal to keep underusing him.

I think that Booker T in the WWE was summed up when he came out to insult The Rock who had been away for a while and had never "locked horns" with Booker.......he rambled on for about 5 minutes, Rock stopped him and said "Who....in the blue hell are you?!"

It was great TV, and those two worked really well together (better still probably had Shane McMahon not been nonsenically thrown in with them) and Booker is a great performer, both in and out of the ring. And he WILL hold the WWE title at some stage, of that I'm sure- but he's never going to be truly up there with your Angles and Trippers.

Sad, but true.

It's a shame that Booker has been so misused since Summerslam 2001 in the WWE. This guy was just so marketable that it hurts how the WWE missed the boat.

I'm personally really enjoying the prospect of him being a main event heel on Smackdown, and found him so entertaining on SD last week. If he's going to be used to put people over though that should not include Hardcore Holly. For the love of gawd please no.

Booker was really damaged after all the weak title programmes he was part of in 2002/2003, he never really came across as a serious threat even in a Mania title match and sort of picked up a "nearly man" reputation, kind of like Ted Dibase.

Damn - I like Booker...he has charisma and fairly good wrestlin' skills when given the right kinda match and time.

It's sad to see that he'll probably get the title ONLY a few weeks before he retires...didn't he say something he was gonna retire in like 'a year and a half', last year?

Apparently, being a '5' times WCW champion doesn't really account for squat in the WWE...XP

For the most part Booker was one of the only wrestlers to display any verve in the ring at all on Raw, everyone else just pottered about all slowly, so I was pleased when he was given a title shot.

I echo Cactus Jack's thoughts when I say he's going to become a champion on Smackdown. Where I differ from the big man though is that I think he hasn't been moved to SD simply to become champion. I think judging by the rosters on Raw and SD, he may make a more credible champion on SD and will be given a try-out. If he impresses, he will be champion for a while. If not, he will remain a mid-carder and an underused talent.

Cheers!

Booker T is very happy with his current main event level push on Smackdown, but is still telling friends that he will retire soon. He has been fighting with back problems for awhile now and many believe that once his back starts to bother him heavily again, he will retire.

Can't wait for "You Sold Out" chants when the time comes.

Booker T is very happy with his current main event level push on Smackdown' date=' but is still telling friends that he will retire soon. He has been fighting with back problems for awhile now and many believe that once his back starts to bother him heavily again, he will retire.[/i']

Well that won;t happend, considering he gave them a 2 year notice.

Can't wait for "You Sold Out" chants when the time comes.[/

I think Booker T will eventually be traded back to RAW, and I think someone like Triple H will come back to SD!

It just seems so inconvinient that Triple H was on SD! to be traded back to RAW, I think there's something else there...

Me too, but I want him for the UK Tour of Defiance in May which is the RAW brand! He better not go back before that... :)

The only reason Smackdwn is "minor league" as you say, muhammadali88 is because they have lost their two biggest draws, Brock and Kurt (as a wrestler). Even though Raw and Smackdown are "rival brands", this is just for ratings. Vince wants both Raw and Smackdown to be on an even keel at all times, so there is noting to pick between the two.

I don't think WWE bosses would look at it too kindly if Raw kept all the talent at the expense of Smackdown, who incidentally, did phenomenally well in the draw and subsequent trades.

Cheers!

WILL U BE SERIOUS MOHAMMADALI88!! in the words of gorilla monsoon!!

1.booker t and rvd shouldnt be moved backed to raw because they will be used better on sd

2.SD isnt the minor leagues it just focuses on making talent more than using talent like raw

3.Booker T isnt really isnt a major league talent

4.If booker t was major league talent he couldn't win it on raw anyway and booker t and rvd will get better chances on sd

anyway welcome to TWO mohammadali88 :beerchug

Don't know why, but I always have/and do enjoy watching SD! Better than RAW.

The only trouble is, SD! Is a storyline building thing...resulting in some weeks being really good, other weeks SD! Has been poor, but I always think the atmosphere etc in SD! Is better...anyone else agree with me?

Cheers!

ChrisfromBirtley