William Regal?

Dickie Hyde

I was watching a few old wrestling tapes the other day, and seeing as I went to the Sheffield event for Wrestlemania Revenge I looked at Rebellion 2000 which was held at the same place.

Low and behold there was William Regal with the European title. (he lost it to Crash Holly, can't remember how that worked out?) Anyhow, I remember his illness he came accross. I never used to appreciate him that much but now he has been away for so long it's made me realize exactly how much I do.

I was just wondering if anyone has an update on him? Or what his last update was? If he will be coming back anytime soon? or at all?#

Any help is great,

Cheers,

SCSA

after the tour of india regal had the 'runs' for about a month and i think since then he has drug problems but he is one of my favorite wrestlers he makes wrestling look real with all them knees especially the running one i also thought the un-americanz were good when it was just him and storm

He was suffering from intestinal problems last year which was originaly put down an infection picked up while on tour in India but it didn't clear up and he was later diagnosed with a blood clot in his bowel which was effecting the circulation to his legs, at the minute he's taking blood thinning medication and trying to get himself back into shape on account of the weight and muscle he's loss while being ill, he still has to wait to get medical clearance to return to the ring, don't expect to see him for awhile yet though.

he did have a drug problem im pretty sure but that got cleard up soon after i agree he shoul be co-gm so he wouldnt have to wrestle with angle as face

He certainly had addictions to various things and McMahon put him through rehab at least twice (I want to say three times total but I can't be sure) - giving him the time he needed to get his head and body straight. Say what you like about McMahon, he gets it right sometimes. edit: Dammit, I forgot to say that this was years ago though.

To see Regal back as co-GM with a non-wrestling Kurt Angle could be hilarious.

Here is my favourite REagl Quote.

this is from during the alliance in 2001 on smackdown

REgal to Shane Helms "You look like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards, filthy swine"

its sometimes a shame that Reagl's wit is lost on many American fans because the British was of speakin goes over their heads.