American Clash

Paul

Odd as it seems my fave fued of the last few years is Angle Vs Cena. It represents the clash of the two sides of the American pysche.

Angle, the clean cut, kinda naive dude who keeps sticking his nose in to other peoples affairs- to teach the American way. And when that doesn't work-smack them!!!

Cena, down and dirty, streetwise and cynical. Ready to fight for his own rep, his own turf. The sub-culture of despair and disenchantment.

What do you all think? Any other fueds have the same symbolism?

• Like 1

The most symbolic groups and feuds, that remind me of American ways are:

Right To Censor: I think they were vs the atrocious Godfather's Ho's, were they not? This ultra-conservative, right-wing, oppressive group reminds me so much of the Right-To-Lifers, which judging by the name, they were based on. I can't remember all of the group members of RTC but I remember being annoyed because Ivory covered up that wonderful athletic body of hers.

Teddy Long's group on Raw: Couldn't be any more Blaxpoitation if they tried. They had some good juggernaughts in there: Mark Henry, Rodney Mack and the ultra-strong Jazz. The one thing that let them down is that the WWE knew they couldn't push this thing too far without causing real offense, so they always remained a little comedic. I wonder if Long will start a feud with Cena, now they are both on SmackDown?

Mr America: Ooooh, we're in a war, so what we'll do is get our most famous patriot, Hogan, and camp him up to support our troops, keep the crowd noisy, and once the war is over we'll sack him.

La Resistance: Our crowd hate the French because they don't agree in our manipulation of Foreign Policy, so we'll get some people to wave flags that are not American - that'll work. Once we've forgotten about the French we'll split the group, get the most talented one to SmackDown and change his schtick from French politics to French luxury and fade out his accent a la Ross in Friends.

Cheers!

• Like 1

You could be right, Darkstar. The RTC was probably an amalgamation of the TV Council, with some influences from the Right-to-Lifers.

Who was in the RTC? Steven Richards was the leader? I think they converted the Godfather? Ivory was definitely in it because I remember being beyond angry that she covered up that spectacular body of hers (well, her cleavage). There was someone else in the RTC and I can't remember who it was.

Cheers!