Arsenal v Man Utd

K.J

What a great match, I wasn't as edgy about this one as I normally are for United v Arsenal games, even agreed to go watch it with my brother, an Arsenal fan. :eek Probably becuase I know the title is gone, but I wanted us to win this game, but unfortunately we came up just too short.

Graham Poll had an appalling game, the booking he handed out to Scholes was meaningless compared to some of the things he let go. Also we were denied a clear penalty, but I'm not gonna dwell on that.

I though we should've won it, Ruud missed a sitter for him at the end when he headed straight at Lemon. But the draw was probably a fair result with both teams attacking and trying to win the game.

Also I'm glad that unlike the last meeting, today it was the football that shone through.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal very nearly threw it away. They were pretty much in control after going 1-0 up but then Wenger made some very bizzare substitutions, taking off Pires, Reyes and Ljungberg and it nearly cost them. How Pascal Cygan keeps getting into the Arsenal team is beyond me.

cygan only gets in because they have no one else.but yeah i was pleased with uniteds performance today united got into how they can really play when scholes dropped back into central midfield and saha came on, good match maybe united shoulda won but happy not to get beat, was great seeing fergie and arsene whinger goin at it on the sidelines

and noone has mentioned an absolutely amazing goal from henry. but he luks like hes burning out to me. he luks like he needs a rest.

but good game, very entertaining. even if we had of won the game.. i think arsenal would still go on to win the title. they will probably go all season undefeated.

Arsenal should have had a clear penalty given to them late in the second half...You didn't see them chase the referee. So it was basically honours even with regards penalty shouts.

But still...It was a good game to watch from a neutral point of view. Arsenal were the better team overall but made the stupid mistake of sitting back on a 1-0 lead in the end. Which shocked me because you'd think Wenger would know better, Especially when playing against Man Utd.

I hate Henry i used to like him but hes sooo big headed its unbelieveable, i really hate the arsenal team so much their all a pile of trash who does henry think he is sayin he doesnt respect any united players as men or as footballers, and usual everyone tryin to get on van nistelrooys back when viera clearly got fouled, damn no saha for saturday, van nistlerooys might be not 100% fit either

No campbell went down outside the box and giggs went down jus inside the box so therefore.........penalty!!

i first thought it was a penalty but actually yes campbell did go down outside the box and yes giggs went down inside the box but the foul is where the offence takes place and it was quite clear that campbell hit giggs' ankle just outside the box. i'm surprised people are even arguing about it cause it's right there on camera for all to see from one of the angles which was perfectly placed to show the contact and the box line.

in regards to henry's comments, it's hardly surprising he was annoyed that the man u players were saying things about him which, according to him, aren't true.

the match tomorrow should be good though. personally i think a draw was a fair result and neither side deserved to win at the weekend.