Triple H or 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

Jack

Triple H or 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Triple H or 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

• Triple H
    • 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

everywhere i go on this site people are dissing HHH but i really like him he is the best star wwe has had in years he is better than SCSA and everyone but the rock he has some of the best fueds ever he is awesome on the mic he looks right and has some of the best moves in the wwe i would like to see him in a fued with the new taker (as deadman) on SD but putting him back on RAW is pointless because being with evolution is holding him back he should be on SD as a co-gm with angle with HHH as face and also be a wrestler at the same time. i dont know why everyone hates him.

SCSA as a fan as wrestling i would say he is one of the best gimmicks ever but it is getting old he is better as heel and was a great but i dont know what wwe should do with him next his gm routine is getting old and he cant wrestle any more

In my opinion this is close as to who is best but I think HHH because he is as great as he ever was

Austin easily...

The man helped revolutionize the wrestling business in north america and was the focus of a product which was both exciting and cutting edge in its day. Plus he can wrestle a damn good match when need be...

Triple H doesn't even come close.

In terms of importance theirs no contest, Austin is the biggest drawing wrestler ever.

In terms of who I like personaly, currently HHH seeing as Austin serves little purpose being full time, from 2000 to 2001 HHH was outstanding in every aspect as was Austin from 96 to 97 but I loved Austins 97 stuff with the Harts and Michaels meaning its Austin for me.

Austin easily...

The man helped revolutionize the wrestling business in north america and was the focus of a product which was both exciting and cutting edge in its day. Plus he can wrestle a damn good match when need be...

Triple H doesn't even come close.

Well c0ma said it all for me :xyx Austin gets my vote.

AUSTIN!!!

You hear the glass breaking, and you just KNOW he's comin' out to get the job done. Oo

Nobody can hold a candle to that man, in-ring, or anything else he's known for.

Yeah, the guy has a ersonal life that is pretty disruptive and frowned upon, but the man has issues the same as all of the rest of us. He's not to be judged for his personal life.

The game, as much as I support him, is just NOT on Austin's plateau.

...But when Motorhead's 'The Game' starts up, you KNOW that trouble is comin' as well. XP.

Was he a bigger draw than Hogan? Did he make more money for the WWF/E than Hogan?

Hogan was around a lot longer so there is no real competition there due to Austin's injury. But you work out the amount of time Austin was active and making big money for the company and compare it to Hogan's, I think Austin would win it...

Yeah' date=' the money made in wrestling now tends to be far greater than back then.[/quote']

Indeed, that is a good point.

Austin's gimmick was far more entertaining and popular compared to Hogan's. As many people have said, Austin revolutionised the business when it was damned hard to do so. No disrespect to Hogan, but IMO he doesn't match up to Austin. The only thing he's got over Austin is experience.

Yeah' date=' the money made in wrestling now tends to be far greater than back then.[/quote'] I disagre the money made in wrestling was the same, the same money to buy tickets to a WWE event, round about the same money to buy t-shirts and things like that the same kind of money! Can anyone help me out hear it's two against one!

Hogan made more money than Austin in his WWF/E run, full stop rite?

I disagre the money made in wrestling was the same, the same money to buy tickets to a WWE event, round about the same money to buy t-shirts and things like that the same kind of money! Can anyone help me out hear it's two against one!

Hogan made more money than Austin in his WWF/E run, full stop rite?

You have to take into account:

PPVs are now monthly and charged at on average $30.00

The presence of TV advertising now is more lucrative

Austin outsold Hogan's merchindise at a ratio of 3 to 1

At the time Mania's 14 and 17 headlined by Austin were the biggest money making shows ever

Ticket prices on average are much higher especially now with companies like Ticketmaster.

They were different times, the likes Flair and Hogan had title reigns spanning years with about 3 or 4 "Big" defences a year, these days a title reign is about 3 months and with monthly PPVs and weekly TV the need to create other stars to keep things fresh is more vital than is was back then.

you can't reallt draw comparisons to wrestling then and now its changed so much.

Edited by Tajiri