Welcome To The Jungle

Great Lover

It's.... good. Nothing more.

I will be honest, I was really disappointed. And if I'm more honest, Christopher Walken carried the movie. It's a case of "Jack Sparrow Syndrome". Anyone could have played Rocks role, but no one else could have played Walkens. And whilst Rock was very good and believable, the movie just will not be a classic at all. In fact, coming off Scorpian King, it probably won't even be remembered in a few years.

6/10.

I watched this while on my flight back from New York, and i thought it was quite good. Not spectacular, but quite good. The Rock fitted his role well and you could see he is bound for glory as an actor. His partnership with Sean William-Scott was funny, but could have been so much more. Christopher Walken as the bad guy was an inspired choice as he is always fanastic in these kind of roles. On the whole i would give it 7/10.

Saw this over the weekend, started another thread about it until I woke up and saw this one - oops.

I reckon that the first five minutes of the film in the nightclub are class. The rest of it is just big dumb fun. the boyfriend reckons that the Rock was a bit of a wuss throughout it.

In the bad review I was talking about, they said the exact same thing! That the start was awesome but the film quickly changed to bog standard. I will prolly still go see it over Easter though after all it does have The Rock and Sean William Scott! ;) :D

I really liked it. It was funny and entertaining throughout. The Rock played his role well, and whenever I look at Stifler I laugh and he had some great comedic moments in it. Especially when he's gearing up to fight. Haha.

Its a fun film to go and see, its not a classic like 'Indiana' or anything such. But it is some good, clean fun. I really enjoyed it.

7/10

Its the kind of rating a film critic would smile and nod at. :)

The film loses 4 points for having the Rock's character called Beck, the film loses another point for having some of the cheasest battle scenes ever seen. And Finally the film loses .3 points because there was a penis joke used for a cheap laugh!

Barry Norman has spoken, or has he??

Edited by Walshy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest 123 kid

walshy

welcome to the jungle is without doubt the rocks best film, he made the film what it is. you should not focus on the bad points u shold focus on the good points