Steve Austin arrested again.

Lil Naitch

Source - pwinsider.com

WWE star Steve Austin was arrested today on assault charges after a domestic dispute with his girlfriend, according to San Antonio, Texas station KSAT channel 12.

Austin's girlfriend, who was not indentified, told police that she was pushed down during an argument in Austin's home, injuring "her hands and knees."

According to the report, Austin is no longer under probation from his case with ex-wife Debra Williams. The newscast promised further details later in the evening.

Austin is scheduled for an autograph signing tomorrow afternoon in Secaucus, New Jersey. There is no word on whether the arrest would prevent him from making the appearance.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'll reserve comment until I read more about the situation and not pass judgement prematurely.

The full facts:

In update from an earlier story posted here on PWInsider.com, Steve Austin has not been arrested. The earlier report was erroneous (and has been corrected) and we deeply apologize for the error. PWInsider.com spoke on several occasions to ABC San Antonio, Texas affiliate channel 12 KSAN's newsroom before posting the story and on both occasions, the words "arrest" and "assault" were used while discussing the story. We also received emails from readers who used the word "arrested" while describing the report.

After hearing from someone who denied Austin was indeed charged with a crime, I called KSAN's newsroom back at 10 PM. This time, they backed off on using the word "arrested" but claimed they did indeed report a story about a domestic disturbance between Austin and his girlfriend, Tess Broussard, 37 years old. I asked them to read me the copy from the story.

The basic story as KSAN is now reporting it is this: Police were called to Austin's home in the Dominion, an upscale residential area in San Antonio on Thursday night. According to the police report, Broussard claimed the pair, who had been together for about a year but are in the process of separating were talking when Austin "became irritable." Broussard claimed she was pushed down and "landed on her hands and knees." She told officers at the scene she "feared bodily injury." Broussard also told officers she had pictures taken for evidence, and planned on pursuing charges against Austin.

Broussard was mentioned at the end of Austin's autobiography and accompanied him on many of the media appearances he made to promote the book.

SSA Entertainment sent out a press release this evening stating that, "Despite the reports of Steve Austin's situation in Texas earlier today, SSA Entertainment has confirmed that Steve Austin will be in Secaucus tomorrow as scheduled." Austin, who is scheduled to sign tomorrow afternoon at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Secaucus, New Jersey has already flown to New York City.

Austin was arrested in August 2002 on assault charges stemming from a June incident with then-wife Debra Williams. In November 2002, Austin pleaded No Contest to the charges. As a result of the plea, Austin was given a $1,000 fine, one year's probation, forced to perform 80 hours of community service and told to undergo domestic violence counseling.

From http://www.liveaudiowrestling.com/WO

'Steve Williams (Stone Cold Steve Austin) was involved in an alleged domestic dispute last night at his home in San Antonio which saw police come to his residence. The story was reported earlier today on KSAT in San Antonio.

Williams, 39, was not arrested, despite reports to the contrary, and is still scheduled to appear at an autograph session in New Jersey tomorrow. His 37-year-old girlfriend, who was not identified, and who he is reportedly in the process of breaking up with, called police last night. She claimed Williams had shoved her to the ground, injuring his hands and knees and she was fearing bodily injury. She indicated a willingness to press charges.'

Well, sad to hear. (for Austin) Whether it's true or not, no one really knows what went on in Austin's home. I wish Austin well as I always do and hope that he comes out on top. If he did shove her, then it's his decision, and I'm sure he had good reasoning for it. It may not even have happened, but anyway, it's really none of mine or anyone on here's business.

I just wish Austin well and to be able to get on with his life... (And entertain us within the WWE)

Good reason to shove a woman... would love to hear it, considering he's done it twice now. I'm all for equal rights (ie. if she struck him first for no or wrong reason), but that just ain't on. No wonder he goes from one relationship to another. WWE must have gone to his head.

Steve Austin Arrested

On the local 5:OO news here in San Antonio it was reported theat Stone Cold Steve Austin has been arrested again for assaulting his girlfriend of one year.

PWInsider.com has confirmed this report. We are working hard to get more details on this situation.

Could this be the end of Austin and his WWE career. He seemed to be forgiven last time this shit hit the fan. Will he be forgiven this time?

If Austin is proven guilty a second time around, I can't see WWE keeping him on the roster. What kind of message would that be sending.

Again. The details have not been released but it doesn't look good for Austin.

Could this be the end of Austin and his WWE career. He seemed to be forgiven last time this shit hit the fan. Will he be forgiven this time?

If Austin is proven guilty a second time around, I can't see WWE keeping him on the roster. What kind of message would that be sending.

Again. The details have not been released but it doesn't look good for Austin.

Wait, let me weigh this up... The money Austin makes the WWE every year, vs. the money they might lose through lost revenue, and damage to their image...

I think Austin is safe.