Goldberg

Tajiri

If Bill Goldberg wan't Jewish you could swear someone had bought him for Christmas "Burning Bridges for Dummies" by Shane Douglas:

-During a recent radio appearance in Edmonton, Goldberg spoke pretty negatively about WWE. He called WWE a "soap opera" and said that the ups and downs of WWE life were "ridiculous." He compared the lifestyle to being in a circus. He also mentioned that there are no plans for him to return to WWE.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldberg has gone doing some fights for pride hes 37 and will get eaten alive by the younger more technical fighters, japan isnt going to pay as much as wwe by doing this his legacy is going down the pan if he went to smackdown stayed champion for a while i would then call him a legitimate legend but if he doesnt return to wwe in my eyes he wouldnt be

Goldberg gets around 150,000+ PER appearance in Japan, as opposed to 1.3 million per year in the wwe, so he can actually make just as much money with non of the travel doing 6 shows a year in Japan, plus there is also Mexico and Europe.

Goldberg has been the in-ring wrecking machine this year. He knows it. I know it. You all know it. All the fans feel let down that he is walking out on us to earn mega-bucks in Japan when he could stay in the WWE and be a respected champion, probably becoming a bit of a legend.

The fans have a right to be disappointed, I know I am: I love watching him ruin people in the ring. I love his entrance too. However you can't take it so personally. As much as we know, and he knows, that should he stay in the WWE he'll be marketed as an unstoppable champion and will delight lots of fans you must remember he's a competitive sportsman, rather than an entertainer.

Do you really think that Goldberg takes pride in the fact that all he has to do is show up, because his destiny is scripted? There is no scope for competitiveness in the WWE, it's all a big "soap opera", and is it any wonder that he called the WWE just that, as well as a "circus"?

Of course, that doesn't mean life will be any different in Japan, but hey, if you're going to live that life you might as well get as much money as you can.

I firmly believe Goldberg is disappointed injury cut his NFL career short, and although he is grateful for the chances at superstardom wrestling has given him - he wants real sport, not to entertain. He can't get real sport so he's going for the next best option: lots of money. And fair play to him, despite my grumbles.

If this post sounds like I am mocking wrestling as a "circus" and "soap opera" etc, believe me, I'm NOT. I love watching the shows every week, even though nowadays it's easier to guess what's going to happen next. I'm just looking at this from Goldberg's perspective.

Cheers!

yeh but wwe earns a lot more than any companies in the world and if they wanted to they could pay more for goldberg than any japanese company

That's the whole point though. They DON'T want to pay more than the japanese companies. They don't even want to pay over a million for him. So i think Goldberg i making the right choice, before WWE kills his career forever.

i hate goldberg so i hope he dose not come back and brock lesner sould have beat him at wmxx

IMO I think Goldberg winning At WMXX was an awesome ending for his Screwed up career in WWE. Lesnar did the same thing Goldberg did, only he went to the NFL, But the WWE used him a lot better then they did Goldberg. When The WWE Had Lesnar Lose to Eddie He got mad and Joined the NFL. I think Goldberg did the Right thing in leaving the WWE for some show in Japan. The WWE Screwed up his "Character" by having him lose to HHH On so many accounts. I, personally would like to see Goldberg come back and Challenge for the Title once HHH wins it back, And I would like to see him beat HHH like no other has before.

The only place Billy has left in the wrestling industry where he can make money is Japan. And I can't imagine him wanting to be over there wrestling on a regular basis. Because if he wanted to do that, then he would have went to Japan and worked 1/4 of the dates in the year he spent in WWE.

I think Bill is making a big mistake by publicly dissing WWE. When Bill decides that he wants another run in WWE and I think within the next 18 months, we will see Bill back in WWE at some point, then he is losing barganing power. By choosing to re-open negotations with WWE after, trying his luck making movies and doing a few shows in Japan, wont exactly help him asking for 'X' amount of money in order for his services at WWE, especially after his first run wasn't exactly a ravving success.

Bill should have signed-on for the WWE for another year at least, then the fans may have started to really get behind him, and also if it didnt work out, then go to Japan, because that will be an option that he will always have.

Bill should have signed-on for the WWE for another year at least, then the fans may have started to really get behind him, and also if it didnt work out, then go to Japan, because that will be an option that he will always have.

Aside from the signing on for another year part of your statement, you summed up Goldbergs WWE career to the letter. The WWE fans did get behind him but WWE screwed Goldbergs stint in the WWE royaly, thus his departure to Japan. The fans pop HUGE for Bill in Japan and he sells out arenas constantly so he'll have no problem there.

Unlike Brock, Goldberg did business the right way with his departure from the WWE. As for burning bridges, I don't think so. Look at Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Hogan, even Sable who sued the WWF/E for over 200 million dollars, all were welcomed back. Vince is a businessman first and foremost, if he thinks he can make money with you then you are always welcomed back (for the most part).

Guest Fully
Goldberg not comin back! Best news Ive heard all Week! As much as he'd like to think the WWE need him, hes wrong. Goldberg, if not for his immense WCW push, wouldn't be where he is today.

Er...actually, Pride and k-1 out-earned WWE in 2002, and 2003 :xyx

As far as people thinking dissing WWE publically will effect any future chances of him going there, think of it this way; Hogan went back to Vince, and there's been heat between the two ever since Hogan testified against him. If Vince thinks he could make money out of Goldberg, he'd take him back within a heartbeat.

Edited by Rikidozan

Trust me he will be back soon! If he was gone; his name would of been taken off of the roster LOOOOOONG ago with Lesnar's! WWe still has plans for him; HELL I don't care if they use him as a HEEL; I'd still ROOT for him...IT DONT MATTER WHO'S NEXT! Most of the rosters suck anyways!

because all wrestling is fake

That's not the word to use. No wrestling is fake. You, as a fan should know that. It's acted, scripted and is entertainment, but all the bumps are taken and wrestling moves are used on numerous occasions.

Sorry to be picky but I don't like people referring to wrestling as "fake".

Cactus Jack made a post once back that really shows how annoying people can be when they refer to wrestling as "fake."

To be honest, there's no "fake" in it at all. They tell you exactly what it is in it's name. It's World WRESTLING ENTERTAINENT...

Trust me he will be back soon! If he was gone; his name would of been taken off of the roster LOOOOOONG ago with Lesnar's! WWe still has plans for him; HELL I don't care if they use him as a HEEL; I'd still ROOT for him...IT DONT MATTER WHO'S NEXT! Most of the rosters suck anyways!

Lol :roll

How long have you been saying this now? :D

:roll :roll :roll