ECW is probably Gonna be back Dudes

Feel the pain

:thumbsup There's loads of rumours flying around that WWE will "re-invent" ECW. Other rumours say that Paul Heyman is set to start an ECW stable/faction including all the old ECW stars. If this were to happen it would be probably used as a way to use the under-used guys such as Lance Storm.

It could also be an attempt by WWE to win fans back over who've stopped watching WWE, and have chosen the likes of TNA, ROH etc instead.

Another point someone made on another forum is that the address: http://www.newecw.com/ goes straight to WWE.com which means that it's either registered by WWE or of course someone is playing a joke on everyone. Anyway what do you think about a new ECW?

Heyman working on his own, and the idea'll work...so long as the WWE don't give him any restrictions.

They gotta realise that the ECW brand has certain...expectations from it's fans, and if they screw THAT up, then they might just annoy the hell outta the current ECW/WWE converts.

It's not really needed, but it sounds like an idea that might have some workable aspects to it...

it is very very possible its gonna happen heyman in a future storyline is gonna quit and there is gonna be like a revolt with ex ecw and some wcw wrestlers to restart the old wwf vs alliance storyline

I very much doubt that would happen. The WWE have done an Invasion storyline and they ruined it. There is no chance in hell that Vince & co will take a chance and try to redo the storyline again. It could have been great, it was the story everyone wanted, but Vinces ego buried the "opposition" ruining the feud and leaving the fans dissapointed.

wwe needs to you cant have three rosters into one company because you cant let new talent come through, you cant sign new talent, you cant even use your old talent since the split wwe has gone down and further down if wwe relaunched ecw there would be no competition which is what vince wanted in the first place

Another point someone made on another forum is that the address: http://www.newecw.com/ goes straight to WWE.com which means that it's either registered by WWE or of course someone is playing a joke on everyone.

It's the latter. Some English guy bought the domain and linked it to WWE.com. That guy must make an absolute fortune in his line of work, if he's got enough money to waste on a practical joke to fool wrestling newsboard reporters.

It probably might happen, but I HATE the idea.

ECW was innovation. It was renegade. It was a family of people who LOVED the business trying to get by with little budget in bingo halls, who made a new legacy of wrestling for everyone, from WWF to WCW, in North America. ECW was that. ECW wasn't anything else.

So why do WWE think this is a good idea? It wouldn't be THE ECW, but just a ripoff ECW with no renegade features or storylines. It'd be McMahon-Version 1. I LOATHE that idea, and if Vince decides to ruin ECW's legacy that way, I will hate him til the day I am buried in my grave.

Sorry, but the issue pisses me off badly.

It probably might happen' date=' but I [b']HATE[/b] the idea.

ECW was innovation. It was renegade. It was a family of people who LOVED the business trying to get by with little budget in bingo halls, who made a new legacy of wrestling for everyone, from WWF to WCW, in North America. ECW was that. ECW wasn't anything else.

So why do WWE think this is a good idea? It wouldn't be THE ECW, but just a ripoff ECW with no renegade features or storylines. It'd be McMahon-Version 1. I LOATHE that idea, and if Vince decides to ruin ECW's legacy that way, I will hate him til the day I am buried in my grave.

Sorry, but the issue pisses me off badly.

So you dont like it then :devil

"it will happen almost definetly"

Well, I guess we all know how closely you follow the business. It won't happen. How many times have we heard this rumour over the past two years years? Anyone who pushes or endorces the rumour has probably only just heard about it. For those of us who actually bother to follow how the industry works, it's old news that wasn't credible the first time it was pushed.