The Women's Division? *Spoilers*

Boyo

After it has been revealed that Nidia is going to Raw, and with the (probable) re-emergence of Shaniqua, probably on Raw, and the fact that Trish is getting involved centrally with a decent story with Y2J and Christian, which personally I think will include another Diva anytime soon, do you think that the WWE is trying to give a "one final push" to the Women's Division on Raw? And, if so, how successful will it be, or not?

Personally I think there is a wealth of awesome athletes in the Women's Division and the WWE needs to digress from the pneumatic Diva look to aggressive, respected woman look.

They've left Playmates Torrie and Sable to strip weekly on SD, but have the basis for a good division on Raw: Victoria is a worthy champ, Trish has been a good performer recently, Jazz is just an awesome athlete, as is Ivory, Jaqueline should be given a real chance and Gail Kim and Lita are the high-fliers.

Look out for Molly: she should work with her new shaven look (a-la Kane), she could play the unhinged brute so very well IMO. She is blessed with great strength, great mat skills, a stocky muscular build and is not bothered about this whole Diva business.

Should the WWE push the bigger women like Jazz, Molly, Victoria and Shaniqua, who have the ability to miliatary press the opposition (the benchmark for "dominant woman") and fight admirably with some of the men, and beat to a pulp Spike Dudley, Hurricane etc then they could recreate the excitement that Chyna used to be able to draw.

Opinions? Cheers!

I would like to see some proper wrestling in the women's division, rather than the slapfests you get over on SD. It would be great if WWE started to take it's female superstars seriously.

Trish Stratus has improved so much over the past couple of years, all credit to her. Gail Kim needs more experience in the ring - giving her the belt on her first outing (if I'm not mistaken) was a bit stupid. Jazz is a fantastic athlete, and it's a shame that a lot of the women are judged solely on their looks cos Jazz aint winning any beauty contests.

I agree that the women seem to be judged by their looks rather than their wrestling ability. Women like Jazz are fantastic to watch though, again, not for her looks but just to see her execute that chicken-wing thing she does. It's difficult to fathom how much sheer brute strength is needed to do that move and Jazz makes it look effortless.

Remember Zeus from SummerSlam '89? I think if/when Shaniqua comes back to Raw she should be portrayed in that vein - just an unstoppable musclebound fighter.

Molly has got a chance to make a name for herself but needs to embrace her shaven look. Seriously now, I think the Women's Division could benefit greatly if Molly gives someone like Trish or Lita an almighty beating, hopefully getting a miliatary press out of her. I would argue that Molly is among the strongest women ever to step foot inside the squared circle, her powerlifting background also suggests this. She is impressing most people with her wrestling but I would say her new scary, ugly look combined with total dominance physically over Trish, would send a message to the fans.

A lot of the fans will dislike it if the WWE moves away from bi-weekly bra and panties matches in favour of the non-Playmates dishing out ugly beatings week-in week-out but I disagree. I've read on many forums that Jazz vs Victoria would be a dream title match, Chyna was probably the most popular Diva ever (the original Playmate), and why? None of these women strip for the crown every week, they can all dish out massive beatings, have prodigious strength and shocked the crowd.

Trish, Gail, Nidia and Lita etc, are all good and can provide the basis for a strong undercard but it is Molly, Victoria, Jazz and Shaniqua who have the best chance of taking the Women's Division to a higher level.

Cheers!

Boyo you should probaly remove the Nidia spoiler from the start of your post.

The problem with trying to push the womens division as a serious division is that their is very little if any women who have the ability to put on convincing matches, even the womens workers who are ment to be the talented ones (Molly and Victoria) still tend to put on horrible business exposing matches especially when compared tot he men, besides I think the Jackie Gayda Incedent is to fresh in WWE managements mind to think about pushing the womens division.

Yeah, sorry about the non-spoiler thing, Tajiri and the rest of you. Won't happen again.

"The Jackie Incident" was a bigger hinderence to the Women's Division than perhaps I realised (thanks for reminding me!), however there is definitely potential for gaining needed credibilty.

I can't imagine Gayda giving the likes of Jazz, Molly or Victoria any kind of match, although I sense Molly will be given a huge push soon. With regards to the what I said earlier about "ugly, scary" Molly giving one of the hot women a beating, perhaps the unlucky one will be Jackie Gayda?

I can see it now: Stacy and Jackie having a TNA match and Molly coming down and just beating BOTH of them to a pulp. Sending out a statement to the Women's locker room.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Woo-Hoo!! I've reached 50 posts...

...so I'm OBVIOUSLY going to promote my own thread, right?

Anyways, after watching Raw last week I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. Nidia, despite her stocky frame and enormous biceps (among other things), got a cheap roll-up and victory over Molly. Fair play to her, but I hope to GOD this doesn't continue.

Molly Holly is among the most talented females on the roster. She is arguably the strongest. She can hurt people. Best of all, she now has a shaved head, with shoulders as broad as Kurt Angle's. I'm not saying this in a seedy way at all. I mean that Molly MUST be getting a push as a psycho-monster like Kane. The unhinged brute. I would hate to think that Molly will lose most of her upcoming matches because someone will pul off her wig. That would be a waste.

Molly has the potential to decimate the Women's Division with her unmatchable strength and wrestling ability, don't compromise her like this.

Cheers!

Jackie Gayda flashed. That's basically it.

And Trish is ok, but her face is really weird. And Lita has her moments,m but I'm stil convinced her and Jeff Hardy swapped sexes with each other. Plus, Victoria is the kinda woman I like.. crazy, psycho, and sexy.

I'm with you Draven - Victoria is a smoulderer for sure. Dark, sultry, hard-looking and a bit cuckoo. What more could you want? Imagine getting into a bar fight with Victoria to back you up, she'd floor everyone in about ten seconds.

I also have a soft spot for Gail Kim though. She has flawless skin. I like that.

I also feel Molly is being wasted. I don't like that.

Cheers!

I don't like Torrie Wilson. There's fake, and then bona fide barbie doll. Torrie exceeds the latter.

Sable, she's got nice eyes, but a saggy arse.

Nicole Bass was crazy and psycho, but not sexy. Dunno why she'd be your cup of tea, darkstar, cas I've never heard anyone call her sexy so only you must have ;), but Victoria wipes the floor with everyone.

Stacy is hot, just WAY too thin. Someone feed that girl.

I'll tel lyou who I do have a soft spot for though, and I'm surprised they haven't been mentioned yet - Nidia and Dawn Marie, especially Dawn. Something about her just sends me crazy.

I'll tel lyou who I do have a soft spot for though' date=' and I'm surprised they haven't been mentioned yet - Nidia and Dawn Marie, especially Dawn. Something about her just sends me crazy.[/quote']

I'll second that :xyx She should be on TV more doing regular strips with Torrie And Sable :P

To me, Nidia and Dawn, are equally, well, just amazing!

I still say Lita is the hottest' date=' and nothing is going to make me say otherwise.[/quote']

Praise the lord!!!

:worship :worship :worship

Most are good apart from Molly, Shiniqua, And Nidia(Nose job made her look better but still doesn't cut it)

I think that the WWE are going to try and take the womens division seriously, and i reckon it will do well. Most of the women on Raw can actually wrestle (Jazz, Molly, Lita, Victoria, Trish) and with Nidia and Gail kim needing only a little more practice it is shaping up pretty well.

Oh and the hottest woman in the WWE? Without a shadow of a doubt its Victoria :thumbsup

what was bam bam biggalo's bird called? luna?

she was HOT

maybe draVen likes her.

Of course he did. Don't you remember the banner advert at TWO a while back? "Draven 4 Luna".

Anyway, my favourite female is the one that off TV for the most amount of time. American women's wrestling in the 21st Century isn't even as polished as Joshi from the 80's. If you think that someone like Victoria giving another female a Widow's Peak is a high spot, then your head would explode if you see Japanese females giving each other stiff tombstone piledrivers on the floor outside of the ring.

If you think that someone like Victoria giving another female a Widow's Peak is a high spot' date=' then your head would explode if you see Japanese females giving each other stiff tombstone piledrivers on the floor outside of the ring.[/quote']

I watched some of that GAEA Wrestling the other night, and you're right: I had to peek from behind a pillow because my head would have exploded violently. It's awesome to watch, but I have to mute it, all that wailing gets on my nerves.

What impresses me is that in the WWE you've got enormous, muscular fitness models like Victoria who can execute a decent Widow's Peak but lythe, long-distance-runner physiqued GAEA women who catch splashes off the top rope with one hand and then drop the poor girl on her neck and STILL don't get a pin. Ace!

They do scream hella-mucho though. Sheesh.

Cheers!

Look out for Molly: she should work with her new shaven look

Anyone else find that hilarious? :D

I don't know why I'm posting in this thread though because I honestly have no opinion here. I don't hate it or love it, and I wouldn't cry if it didn't exist.

Just never, EVER give Shaniqua the belt.

When it comes to women's wrestling in the WWE i just think its really hard to take them seriously as able wrestlers when they have to wrestle and then go and do half naked photo shoots the next day, other than Molly, Jazz and Victoria the rest are given way to much credit for their abilities. I watch joshi too and the WWE women can't even compare, save for the three above.