The Office is a show that never seems to get old. While most of us tend to think about all of the ridiculously funny moments, every now and then it served up a reminder that it could also be deep and take us on an emotional rollercoaster.
Although Jim and Pam are among the gold standard of tv couples, we know it wasn’t always the case. At first, it was Roy. Then we saw Katy and Karen try their luck. But in the end, nothing could stop them from ending up together (no matter how hard Kathy tried). Their romance took a while. But it was worth every bit of the wait!
RELATED: The 25 Best Michael Scott Quotes About Toby
We saw their first date, their first kiss and eventually all of the rest too – here’s 30 romantic quotes that sets the bar absurdly high for every other relationship in the world! (Thanks, Jim)
The Best Jim & Pam Moments From The Office
- “I was just umm.. I’m in love with you.”
- “Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago. Pretty much the day I met her.”
- Pam: Yeah, maybe I’ll just move in with my boyfriend cause he’s kind of a slob too.
Jim: Okay, sure. Let’s do it.
- “You remember Ryan, he was the temp here. Yeah and, it is not a good time for me to lose my job. Since I have some pretty big long term plans in my personal life with Pam that I’d like her parents to be psyched about. So, I am about to do something very bold in this job that I’ve never done before, try.”
- Jim: Pam, um.. sorry, are you free for dinner tonight?
Jim: All right, then it’s a date.
- “So apparently Pam went out last night. And accidentally called my work phone at three in the morning. So, I’m on minute six of this message. [hangs up] The future mother of my children.”
- Pam: [laughs] Oh I don’t care, I don’t really like that place that much anyway. I’ll just move.
Jim: Oh, really? Who’s gonna take you in? You’re messy, you’re a klutz. You spill everything. And you leave the volume on the tv, way too loud
- Jim: And that’s when I knew. You?
Pam: You came up to my desk, and said, this might sound weird. And there’s no reason for me to know this, but that mixed berry yogurt you’re about to eat has expired.
- “I am not kidding. Got it a week after we started dating.”
- “It’s not a big deal. I’ll come visit you. And you’ll visit me. It’s only two hours away. It’ll be fine.”
- “Four years ago, I was just a guy who had a crush on a girl who had a boyfriend. And I had to do the hardest thing that I’ve ever had to do, which was just to.. wait.
- Pam: I was after your money.
Jim: Well the joke was on you.
- “When you’re a kid, you assume your parents are soul-mates. My kids are gonna be right about that.”
- “Dwight, listen. No matter what happens, you gotta forget about all the other stuff. You gotta forget about logic and fear and doubt. You just gotta do everything you can to get to the one woman who’s gonna make all this worth it. At the end of the day, you gotta jump.”
- “Not enough for me? You are everything.”
- “You gotta take a chance on something, sometime, Pam”
- “The warehouse got a ping-pong table last week. Now Jim comes down and plays with Darryl. Sometimes I bring him juice. My boyfriend is 12.”
- Pam: What happened? Did you miss your bus?
Jim: No. I just missed my wife.
- “Wow. We should have started dating, like, a long time ago.”
- Jim: Right, so, this morning, we are having breakfast together and I just looked up from my cereal and I said, “You know what I want to do today? I want to marry you.”
Pam: I had just woken up. I didn’t look cute. That’s how I know he meant it.
- Pam: No, I umm, I’m not gonna move in with someone unless I’m engaged.
Jim: Have I not proposed to you yet? Oh, well that’s coming.
- Jim: So, as it turns out, I may not have done so hot on my customer reviews this year.
Pam: Maybe it’s because you spent the whole year flirting with the receptionist.
Jim: Little bit. Worth it.
- “I learned from Jim, if Dwight ever asks you if you accept something secret, you reply, “absolutely I do.”
- “You can’t be scared of a room full of Jims. I love the guy but he’s basically Gumby with hair.”
- Jim: Sorry.. You like heart-shaped jewelry, right?
Pam: No.. Except for the pendant you got me, I love that!
- Pam: You can flirt with someone to get what you want and also be attracted to them. How do you think we got together?
Jim: ‘Cause I stopped by your desk 15 times a day.
- Jim: I do not plan on helping unless it’s a boy.
Pam: I cannot wait for that joke to be over.
- Pam: This is our first, and only Valentine’s Day as fiancees.
Jim: You’re only engaged once! Well, present company excluded.
Pam: Really Jim.. On Cupid’s birthday.
- “Oh I’m serious, it’s happening. And when it happens, it’s going to kick your ass, Beesly.”
- “And a lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl that I work with but I think, even then I knew, I was waiting for my wife.”
More Stuff You’ll Like
The Best Kelly Kapoor Smack Talk Quotes
The Office Quiz: Who Said It
The Best Michael Scott Quotes From Phyllis’ Wedding